Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Squirrel Hell Holley, NY Is At It Again

I have been dreading having to write this. The squirrel-hating redneck hell of Holley, NY has scheduled its annual wanton squirrel slaughter, known as the "Squirrel Slam," for February 8. Cynically described as a fundraiser for the local fire department (mission: to protect life and property) this event gives the yokels a chance to go out and prove their manhood by taking the lives of hundreds of small furry herbivores.

If you want to read more about this disgusting event, and why I and most any civilized, compassionate people oppose it, you can read my blog entry from last year. On this post, you can read the letter that I sent to the mayor of Holley, John W. Kenney, Jr. You can email Mr. Kenney at Mayor@Villageofholley.org. You can also contact the Holley Fire Department, the sponsor of this event, at www.holleyfire.com.

I am going to leave it here for now. I will post more information as it becomes available, including any petitions that might be created.

No comments:

Post a Comment